These babies came out great! Soft, lots of orange flavor, great texture. It comes to me from the Paleo Running Mama and she always has the best Paleo baking. This is Gluten Free, Dairy Free and refined sugar free. It has a little Maple Syrup, so isn’t sugar free, but its a very small amount. Easy to make, only 15 minutes to bake.
- 4 eggs room temp
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp finely grated orange zest or zest of 1 large orange
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted and cooled to almost room temp
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract or a combo of vanilla and almond extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup arrowroot
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 2/3 cup raw pecan halves chopped
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a 12 cup muffin pan with parchment liners, or lightly grease.
- Combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, orange juice and zest, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet until just moistened. Fold in the pecans and cranberries, then spoon the mixture into muffin cups about 3/4 of the way up.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until just done and a toothpick inserted in the center of 1 comes out clean – these bake quickly, and overbaking can dry them out! Muffins will have rounded tops and very light golden color when done.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on wire racks. Enjoy!